Biomedicum Imaging Unit, Helsinki BioImaging organizes “Light Microscopy: From Basics to Advanced” course in February 2023.
On-site lectures 09.02. – 10.02.2023 + demonstrations 13.02. – 17.2.2023
After completing this course the students should be able to
- explain the basic principles of light microscopy and microscopic image acquisition
- understand the most important steps of sample preparation for microscopy
- compare and contrast transmitted light and fluorescence methods
- compare and contrast widefield and optical sectioning microscopy methods
- know some basic and advanced research applications for the microscopy methods covered
- evaluate the suitability of covered microscopy methods for different research applications
Detailed course content can be found here: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/news/life-sciences/dpbm-210-2023
Lectures are open for everyone.
Register here by 31.01.23: https://studies.helsinki.fi/courses/cur/hy-opt-cur-2223-c1a91580-6159-4fbe-9b66-f8cc3b9492ec
When: February 9th-17th, 2023
Where: Biomedicum, Haartmaninkatu 8, Helsinki